Cavalry SPV using Gurstel to sue

On 7/1/2021 at 6:09 PM, Bulldoger said:

When they offered the 75% I countered with lump sum of 25% good till hearing date. I just stuck to that offer regardless of how the attorney argued that they would follow to Arbitration and I would have to pay their fees when I lose and I would lose.  That it's legal to buy debt, they had all the paperwork needed to win etc.  If I had a winning case why not just win in court. I had an argument he couldn't overcome, that it was best for my family's health to handle case in arbitration via zoom or telephone because of Covid-19. 

Here's another reason to prefer arbitration:  it's private, whereas everything done in court is a matter of public record.  I prefer my financial affairs to be private.

2 minutes ago, nobk4me said:

Here's another reason to prefer arbitration:  it's private, whereas everything done in court is a matter of public record.  I prefer my financial affairs to be private.

That is true. 

I am in banking now.  This is the second time I have worked in the banking industry.  They do a background check on employees. The first time I had some problems because of some of my court cases, but the cases where I did a preemptive arbitration there were no issues. 

I know there is a strong feeling against preemptive arbitration on this forum, but sometimes it is necessary.  For anyone who might undergo a background check, preemptive arbitration may be the way to keep the case out of court in the first place. 

• Like 1