Anyone know an address for NATIONAL?

wcms6890

A person named Sierra left a voice-mail saying that a claim is getting ready to be filed at Fairfax county and I need to call8443699171 with the claim number she gave. I did call the number, the person who answered said her name is Lyndsay and I ask her what is the company name she said National, I ask her for an address and she said they are only allowed to give the name National. I told her I'm returning a call and the file number she goes it is lock I will need you to verify your DOB or SSN I declined to give to her and ask her if there is any other way she goes no and since you declined to verifyby DOB or SSN someone is going to serve you notice at (my address) and I said sorry and then she hung up. I need to get an address because these people called my sister and mother telling them that a claim is being filed against me, is that legal? And they also threatened going to my place of work. I wanted to send them a desist and cease to contact 3rd party individuals and my place of work.The number that called me I tried to call and no one is answering. 

21 minutes ago, wcms6890 said:

A person named Sierra left a voice-mail saying that a claim is getting ready to be filed at Fairfax county and I need to call8443699171 with the claim number she gave. I did call the number, the person who answered said her name is Lyndsay and I ask her what is the company name she said National, I ask her for an address and she said they are only allowed to give the name National. I told her I'm returning a call and the file number she goes it is lock I will need you to verify your DOB or SSN I declined to give to her and ask her if there is any other way she goes no and since you declined to verifyby DOB or SSN someone is going to serve you notice at (my address) and I said sorry and then she hung up. I need to get an address because these people called my sister and mother telling them that a claim is being filed against me, is that legal? And they also threatened going to my place of work. I wanted to send them a desist and cease to contact 3rd party individuals and my place of work.The number that called me I tried to call and no one is answering. 

More than likely, you were contacted by a scammer.  Legitimate debt collectors and attorneys don’t call and give warnings that a claim is about to be filed at a county court or that you’re going to be served.  They also wouldn’t call your relatives to tell them they’re going to sue you.  I’ve gotten those calls before and no claim was ever filed nor was I ever served.  Tell your mom and sister it was a scam.  

The problem with trying to locate scammers is that they don’t have legitimate places of business.  They also probably change phone numbers or are using burner cell phones.

• Like 1

First off, you need to tell your mother and sister that this is a scam and that they should just hand up.

The first flag that this is a scam is refusing to give you a company address. This is a big no-no under the FDCPA and the legit JDBs know it and will give you an address upon being asked. The second one is the threat of service (especially at employer). No service process company will call you to tell you that you will be served. Who would be home if they really did do that? What they are doing is highly illegal and they know it.

If you want to be sure if you are being sued or not, go to your county court's website and look or call the county clerk. That will tell you immediately what is going on. Beyond that, do not talk to these people and never give them you personal information. Some people here like to play with people like that but don't bother if you think you will do something foolish.

• Like 2