Can It Get Any Worse If I Send A DV To Barclay's

The only negative revolving account I have on all three reports is a $2,000.00 Charge Off with Barclay's (I am dealing with the related JDB collection by paying PRA a small percentage as the loan is past SOL and they will delete 30 days after payment)

Barclay's hasn't reported the debt to the agencies since April of 2019 - If I dispute - or attempt to verify the debt - is there the possibility they don't respond? 

Worst case is they update the charge-off - but it wouldn't be any worse than now - as it is being reported - and bringing attention to the charge off won't set them after me - we are past SOL - and they sold the debt...

So I am asking - is there any negative repercussion possible? I can't think of any - just a possible positive outcome - they ignore it and it gets deleted.

Thanks....

7 hours ago, Uncle Reggie said:

The only negative revolving account I have on all three reports is a $2,000.00 Charge Off with Barclay's (I am dealing with the related JDB collection by paying PRA a small percentage as the loan is past SOL and they will delete 30 days after payment)

Barclay's hasn't reported the debt to the agencies since April of 2019 - If I dispute - or attempt to verify the debt - is there the possibility they don't respond? 

Worst case is they update the charge-off - but it wouldn't be any worse than now - as it is being reported - and bringing attention to the charge off won't set them after me - we are past SOL - and they sold the debt...

So I am asking - is there any negative repercussion possible? I can't think of any - just a possible positive outcome - they ignore it and it gets deleted.

Thanks....

Are you referring to a dispute with the credit reporting agencies or a debt validation request?  Debt validation does not apply to original creditors.  Even if it did, it only applies within 30 days of an initial communication.  Credit reporting is not considered an initial communication.