Credit Collections Services - settled for less than full. Where to go from here?

bigmistake22

Good morning,

I'm still learning the ins and outs of disputes, goodwill letters and credit reports in general. I have a quick(ish) question for the experts (basically, anyone but me, at this point b/c I'm driving myself crazy)

I read somewhere (maybe on this board or another credit repair board) that Credit Collections Services will do a PFD. Unfortunately, I did not know this a the time and we opted to settle a medical bill for $210 (instead of $262). Currently, it's being reported as "Paid in Settlement"

What would be my next best course of action to have this collection removed from my account? 

I believe that, come July, all paid medical debts under $500 will not be reported to the credit bureaus. I assume this is for accounts that are settled for "less than full". Is that accurate? 

Is this a case where I can do a Goodwill letter to see if they will remove it? It looks like the last time it was reported was Jan 2021 - which is when I believe I paid it. There is no data prior or Dec 2020/Jan 2021 - both months have a C for collections. After that, all dasahes. There's no balance reported either. It's blank. 

I contacted them today and they said they do not delete. I asked if they could, in good faith, stop reporting, esp in light of the fact that in July, paid medical collections under $500 would not be reported.  He said they did not do that - they had to report what was accurate. I know, from reading the boards, they cannot alter what is in the file but they also are not obligated to report it.  He seemed a bit unsure/young. That, paired with my inexperience, made it a bad phone call. I decided to stop and figure out a better plan of attack. 

Any suggestions? 

Here are the specifics of the account. Thank you in advance!

CREDIT COLLECTION SVCS I

Account Type Collection

Date Opened10/01/2020

Status Paid in settlement.

Status UpdatedJan 2021

Balance -

Balance Updated -

Recent Payment -

Monthly Payment$0
Original Balance$262
Highest Balance$0
On Record Until Oct 2026

1 hour ago, BV80 said:

@bigmistake22

Since there was no PFD, I would simply start sending good will letters. 

Thanks, I will do that. I am reading online they have basically refused to remove anyone that has paid (PIF or settled) but i will still try! I don't know if I will have success but i hope that, because it was paid, this will fall into one of the items that will be removed from credit reports in July.

I appreciate the help!

10 hours ago, bigmistake22 said:

Thanks, I will do that. I am reading online they have basically refused to remove anyone that has paid (PIF or settled) but i will still try! I don't know if I will have success but i hope that, because it was paid, this will fall into one of the items that will be removed from credit reports in July.

I appreciate the help!

You may try disputing it.  Seeing how it will fall off in July anyways and you have settled they may just drop the trade line so they don't have to do the work to verify it.  Just a thought.