Default Judgement for CC debt in Texas.

credless

I have a judgement against me for credit card debt in Texas.  I was served the paper work for the hearing but did not show up in court.  I am currently fighting for disability due to pain/health issues.  Suffer from severe anxiety which makes things hard to deal with at times.  I am not currently employed and do not have a bank account (other than a venmo account)The final judgement letter was received about 2 weeks ago.  Can I appeal this to get a better decision or make them aware of my situation? 

Currently, our house and car are listed in my wife's name.  She has already filed for bankruptcy about 10 months ago.  My biggest concern is to protect my wife from any fall out that my occur from this (such as tax returns, income, etc)

Please let me know if you can offer any advice.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, credless said:

Can I appeal this to get a better decision or make them aware of my situation? 

Unfortunately no.  Those are not legal basis for appeal.  

2 hours ago, credless said:

My biggest concern is to protect my wife from any fall out that my occur from this (such as tax returns, income, etc)

They cannot seize tax returns in any state for consumer debts or garnish wages in Texas.  You need to make sure your name is not on any bank accounts.  Texas is a community property state so it might be possible for them to levy her bank accounts.  You need to check with a Texas consumer attorney.  Living "unbanked" until you can deal with this judgment may be best.

44 minutes ago, Clydesmom said:

Texas is a community property state so it might be possible for them to levy her bank accounts.

I am not on her bank account.  Is it possible for them to still levy her account?

Thank you.

18 hours ago, Clydesmom said:

Texas is a community property state so it might be possible for them to levy her bank accounts.

I am not on her bank account.  Is it possible for them to still levy her account?

Thank you.

Spoke with the bankruptcy lawyer.  Any debt that existed at the time of the bankruptcy (be it mine or hers) was discharged when the bankruptcy was complete.  Any attempt to collect it from her would be a violation of the discharge.

The situation has been difficult.  I am glad to know that she is protected from any debt I have outstanding until I get finish the disability hearing.

Thank you all for your help and responses.