Defamation of character grounds

purring17

I'm a self employed business woman. I gained a client who uses an online 3rd party to transfer payments (ie: quickbooks, bill.com; authorize.net, bookkeeping.com).  Not that long ago I tried using the same company, but they closed my account with a vague to no explanation.  Since I wasn't focusing on new clients at the time I shrugged off another bill I didn't need.  But when I recreated a new account with this company to get paid with my new client things got very messy with my pay.  They withheld payment, wouldnt tell me anything about anything.  They however bashed me to my new client. Talked badly on me personally and my company.  I had so much anxiety from it I went to the ER.  My work kept me my client and work, we managed a way to still get me paid through this third party company and my insurance paid for my medical bill.  The damage could have been extreme.  Is there a law other than being complete a$$ holes for trying to ruin my reputation and business?

I know I pissed someone off somehow but damn!  That person really tried to bury my company and they dont even know me or my company! Til this day- that third party will not explain their discrimination against me.

If a collection agency can get sued for bringing up a person's debt at all there has to be something somewhere where a big company shouldnt get away for trying to railroad a small company. anyone know what that is and how to do it?  It feels like i was singled out and targeted for no reason.

7 minutes ago, purring17 said:

I'm a self employed business woman. I gained a client who uses an online 3rd party to transfer payments (ie: quickbooks, bill.com; authorize.net, bookkeeping.com).  Not that long ago I tried using the same company, but they closed my account with a vague to no explanation.  Since I wasn't focusing on new clients at the time I shrugged off another bill I didn't need.  But when I recreated a new account with this company to get paid with my new client things got very messy with my pay.  They withheld payment, wouldnt tell me anything about anything.  They however bashed me to my new client. Talked badly on me personally and my company.  I had so much anxiety from it I went to the ER.  My work kept me my client and work, we managed a way to still get me paid through this third party company and my insurance paid for my medical bill.  The damage could have been extreme.  Is there a law other than being complete a$$ holes for trying to ruin my reputation and business?

I know I pissed someone off somehow but damn!  That person really tried to bury my company and they dont even know me or my company! Til this day- that third party will not explain their discrimination against me.

If a collection agency can get sued for bringing up a person's debt at all there has to be something somewhere where a big company shouldnt get away for trying to railroad a small company. anyone know what that is and how to do it?  It feels like i was singled out and targeted for no reason.

You need to consult a good business attorney.  The information and help you are seeking is WAY beyond the scope of this message board.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, purring17 said:

Any suggestions on how to find one? I inquired on a few attorney offices and they do not handle "defamation of character" cases. :(

Call your state bar association for a reference.

6 hours ago, purring17 said:

Any suggestions on how to find one? I inquired on a few attorney offices and they do not handle "defamation of character" cases. :(

Find a good business attorney and arrange a consult for a business issue.  STOP telling them it is defamation of character.  While you believe that is what it is after giving the details and time line to a lawyer they may find other legal avenues that will be more appropriate to use.  Let the system work for you.

• Like 1