Fiance Sued By PRA, LLC

chaosrecords

41 minutes ago, alwayswinning36 said:

Either way, better get to the arbitration with the MTC or whatever the OP chooses to do before trial begins or judgment is entered.

If you will read, the OP’s fiancé already settled.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:24 AM, shadow99 said:

Is there anything in Florida that waives the fee if you're below a certain income?

Some places have policies like that because it's considered discriminatory against low-income people and prevents them from participating in the legal system.

I searched and found this, but it's probably pretty hard to qualify.

Civil Indigent Status

In a civil proceeding, if a person is determined to be indigent their filing fee, cost of summons, and cost of service by the Sheriff are waived pursuant to Florida Statute.

Unfortunately, while not having a lot of money, we are not considered low income.  One of those grey areas where you make too much to seek help but too little to not be screwed when s*** happens lol

4 hours ago, chaosrecords said:

Unfortunately, while not having a lot of money, we are not considered low income.  One of those grey areas where you make too much to seek help but too little to not be screwed when s*** happens lol

I've been in the same place many times.  I was just putting it out there in case it helped.

I think if it was me, I wouldn't pay the $180 to file.  I'd show up in court with copies of the email and see if they dismiss.  Then, say something if they don't, telling the judge that you didn't have $180 left after you paid the bill.

That being said, I don't live in Florida.  In Virginia, we don't pay anything to respond.

• Like 1