Jump to content

Im getting sued for unpaid credit card

Recommended Posts

 An attorneys office send me a letter with a court date.  I checked and it is on file.  This is for an unpaid credit card. What can I do? Do I contact that law firm and try to come to an arrangement? Do I ignore it? Please help with what are my options?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jake miller said:

I was not aware that I had 30days to respond. There is junction placed.  What can I do as far negotiating with the firm? 

Do you mean you didn't answer and they got a default JUDGEMENT not junction? 

If that's the case there is no reason for them to negotiate. 

THey will be willing to agree on a payment plan if you can afford but you will have to pay the full amount of judgement. 

When were you served?  

did you do this?

You have 30 days to respond in California

First, answer each issue of the Complaint. Second, assert affirmative defenses. Third, file the Answer with the court and serve the plaintiff.

California Answer filing fees range from $225-$435.

Apply for a fee waiver if you can't pay the filing fee.. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.