Equifax Big Drop in Score small change in report

Bulldoger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 6:11 PM, Bulldoger said:

Only change in my report was drop in balance of loan of $150 monthly payment. I have zero late payments no other changes. 

This ever happen to anyone dropped.thumb.jpg.56741079fa9130845025704792d2454d.jpg

I paid off my car loan one month and lost 40 points on all 3 bureaus. The following month I paid off my mortgage and lost 60 more. It took me over a year to get those 100 points back. FICO simply doesn't like people who get rid of debt - if you paid your creditor off completely, FICO figures, then the likelihood of you making the NEXT payment on that debt is very low, and away go a lot of points because someone with NO spare income and in hock to their eyeballs is obviously a better risk than someone with $1500 a month in spare income and no debt at all. That is why many people use the AZEO (All Zero Except One) strategy - always have ONE debt when FICO looks at your credit file, even if it only a $5 balance.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:11 PM, Bulldoger said:

Only change in my report was drop in balance of loan of $150 monthly payment. I have zero late payments no other changes. 

This ever happen to anyone dropped.thumb.jpg.56741079fa9130845025704792d2454d.jpg

I wouldn't rely on this solely. Look at a real credit report score from a real credit bureau. CK is always up to 50 points off, whether higher or lower than your real scores.