New Way for Insurance Companies to Ding You

Flyingifr

Those of us who have been around the Credit Repair boards for a while know that in most States Auto Insurers will use your Credit Report as a factor in whether you are a good risk for auto insurance. I recently moved from AZ to PA and went to insure my cars under a PA policy. One (and only one) company asked how long I have had a PA drivers license. My response was that the PA license was new as I had just relocated to PA, but was licensed in AZ for 25 years and NY for 25 before that. They refused to insure me because I had a "new" license!!!! The 50 years combined in other States meant nothing. The adverse action letter referred me to an auto insurance CRA named Verisk, who only had information on my PA auto insurance history, and nothing about AZ or NY.

This was done by just one company, but experience shows and knows that when one company finds a new way to screw you, the rest tend to follow suit.

Just a warning of what may be on the horizon.