Hart & Associates

Howie

All of our debt is outside SOL with two active lawsuits

Starting Monday I am receiving text messages with my Wife's full name, "your acct is overdue, failure to comply may result in legal action, call 888-xxx-xxxx to discuss your options". 

Tuesday: "Mr / Mrs Howie we have made prior attempts to contact you regarding your account past due. To avoid further fees / penalties contact us at 888-xxx-xxxx

Wednesday: "Your acct is now delinquent penalty fees are now pending, this serves as final notice to call 888-same number"

Today: Your acct is now delinquent, we are seeking legal action to recover fees / penalties, call 888- same number"

Today I called and they answered Hart & Associates, I did not speak to them, I hung up.

Any knowledge of this group?

1 hour ago, Howie said:

All of our debt is outside SOL with two active lawsuits

Starting Monday I am receiving text messages with my Wife's full name, "your acct is overdue, failure to comply may result in legal action, call 888-xxx-xxxx to discuss your options". 

Tuesday: "Mr / Mrs Howie we have made prior attempts to contact you regarding your account past due. To avoid further fees / penalties contact us at 888-xxx-xxxx

Wednesday: "Your acct is now delinquent penalty fees are now pending, this serves as final notice to call 888-same number"

Today: Your acct is now delinquent, we are seeking legal action to recover fees / penalties, call 888- same number"

Today I called and they answered Hart & Associates, I did not speak to them, I hung up.

Any knowledge of this group?

An internet search reveals them to likely be a scam company that is using a business name that mimics a legitimate law firm.  I would ignore the calls  If all your other debts are outside the SOL then if they did sue you have a gold plated defense.  The last thing you want to do is speak to them and inadvertently commit to paying and reset the SOL for suit.  For what it is worth I got a text message from an unknown number saying the same thing and I responded to the text with "WHAT ACCOUNT" they sent another text stating it was over due and I had to pay.  My last text said that unless they told me what debt this was for they were a scammer and I would not be calling that phone number" then never responded so I blocked the number.