Free Credit Repair Dispute Letters - Letters to Fix Your Credit - Letters to Dispute Errors
Last Updated: April 2017
DIY credit repair can seem like a daunting task - that is why Credit Info Center is full of useful and FREE credit repair information. We have crafted these free sample credit repair letters for you to use. You might not know exactly what to say to a creditor or a collection agency, which is why we came up with these easy to use credit repair templates for you to follow. Word of warning - do not just simply copy and paste these letters! You need to personalize them to your unique situation. If you don't see a letter you need, go to our bookstore where you can purchase over 95 letters for instant download. We hope you find these useful when fixing your credit and settling debt - Good Luck!
Credit Report Dispute Letters
- Credit Report Dispute Letter - This credit dispute letter can be sent to all three credit reporting agencies when disputing inaccurate information found on your credit reports.
- Basic Credit Report Dispute Letter - This letter is a shorter version of original credit dispute letter. This letter is short and sweet and lets you list each item you are disputing.
- Follow Up to Original Credit Dispute Letter - If you have not heard back from one or more credit bureaus after 30 days, send this letter asking them to address your original dispute.
- 30 Day Dispute Period Has Passed - A variation of the letter above but this one quotes the FCRA as supporting the fact they must reply in 30 days or remove items that are in dispute.
- Letter to Remove Inquiries - If you find an unauthorized credit inquiry on your credit report, send this letter to the creditor asking them to remove the inquiry from your credit file.
- Collection Agency Won't Validate Your Debt Letter - Send this letter to the credit reporting bureau asking them to investigate a debt which is being collected by a debt collector.
- Notify Credit Bureau of a Lawsuit - Had enough of the games being played by the credit bureau? File a lawsuit against them and let them know - chances are they will be more accommodating in your requests.
Sample Credit Repair Letters to Original Creditors
- Pay for Delete of Debt Letter - When settling a debt with a creditor, it is important you get the agreement in writing. Use this pay for delete letter to confirm the arrangement.
- Request Removal of Negative Letter - Requesting the original creditor to remove negative information from your credit report and investigate the incorrect information.
- Goodwill Letter - If you have some late payments on your credit report, asking the creditor to remove them by explaining your unfortunate circumstances is what is called a Goodwill letter.
Credit Repair Letter Templates to Collection Agencies
- Debt Validation Letter - Send this letter to validate a debt to the collection agency and ask them to validate a debt they claim you owe to them.
- Short Debt Validation Letter - Short letter asking a debt collector to validate the debt they are trying to collect from you.
- Cease and Desist Letter - Getting phone calls and letters from collection agencies? Send this cease and desist letter to them and they have to stop harassing you.
- Zombie Debt Letter - If a collection agency is trying to collect on a zombie debt, a debt which is outside the statute of limitations, send them this letter.
- Notify Collection Agency of Lawsuit - A letter informing the collection agency that you are going to file a lawsuit against them.
Sample Credit Report Repair Letters for Unique Circumstances
The sample credit repair templates below are for special circumstances which may occasionally come up when repairing your credit on your own. Each letter has some guidelines for using, so make sure to edit them to fit your situation. Do not just copy and paste these letters. We are giving you merely a starting point from which to begin addressing these types of special credit repair situations.
- Motion to Vacate a Judgment
- Full Payment Law in California
- Letter Explaining Mortgage Late Payment
- Hardship Letter
- Dispute Repo Letter
- Remove Information from ChexSystems
You will never find the exact credit repair letter perfect for your situation. So, you will have to edit the text on our credit repair letter templates. Credit problems such as late payments, bankruptcies, charge-offs are all interchangeable terms on our credit repair and debt validation letters. The reasons for credit disputes are also interchangeable so feel free to interchange these credit dispute letters as well.
It is very important you read your credit dispute letter before sending it off - making sure you are addressing all of your credit issues. Our free credit repair letters are meant to give you ideas on what to say. Don't get hung up on crafting the perfect letter - just know what you are saying and make sure they will understand what you are presenting to them. We want our DIY repair letters to be useful so if you have any suggestions, we would love to hear them. Good luck repairing your credit!