Articles to Help Rebuild Your Credit
Many Americans who have seen their credit scores take a nose dive over the last few years, can blame this decrease on late payments, foreclosures, bankruptcies, and out of control debt. But take heart, with a little work you can repair your credit by removing negative items from your credit report. But, removing negatives is not enough to increase your credit score, you also need to rebuild your credit history. By adding new credit and paying your bills on time, you are proving to creditors that you are now able to repay your debts and you have turned your finances around. These are just a few of the steps we go over in the articles below to show you how to rebuild your credit and increase your credit score.
Rebuild Your Credit Using Credit Cards and Credit Unions
- Follow Our 12 Steps to Rebuild Your Credit - We have broken down rebuilding your credit into 12 easy to follow steps.
- Join a Local Credit Union - Credit unions not only save you money in bank fees, they are also more lenient in their lending practices making it easier to add positive credit to your credit reports.
- Secured Credit Cards Can Rebuild Your Credit - We show you how to find the right secured credit card that is best for your needs. We also have a list of secured credit cards we recommend.
- Rebuild Your Credit Without Using Credit Cards - Yes you can rebuild your credit without using credit cards and this article will show you how.
- Credit Card Limits Can Affect Your Credit Score - Many do not understand how their credit limit affects their credit score. If you are rebuilding your credit, you need to know how this all works.
- Rebuilding Your Credit After Financial Ruin - Have you recently filed for bankruptcy or gone through a foreclosure? You are not alone. Learn how to rebuild my credit and how to pull your finances back together after financial ruin.
- List of Best Personal Finance Apps to Build Better Credit - Here is a listing of the best apps you can download to your mobile device that can help you build up your credit.
- Tough Credit Situations and Solutions - This article answers the most common questions we have received from our readers with respect to their tough credit repair issues. You have probably asked these same questions.
Settle Your Debts and Rebuild Your Credit
- How to Settle Your Debts - This article is the first of six in our debt settlement series. Learn how to settle your debts for pennies on the dollar.
- Negotiate Your Credit Rating When Settling Your Debt - If you are negotiating a debt settlement with a collection agency, make sure to negotiate your credit rating. We will show you the do's and dont's when dealing with collectors.
- Get a Live Person On the Phone During Your Credit Dispute Efforts - Tired of calling collection agencies only to get a voice recording. We have tips on how to get an actual live person on the phone.
- Is Paying Off a Collection Going to Remove it From My Credit Report? - A collection on your credit report is probably severely hurting your credit score. But paying it off alone will not help - there are a few tricks you need to know before you pay off that collection.
- Debt Validation is the Ultimate Weapon Against Collection Agencies - Having a collection agency validate the debt they are trying to collect from you could mean the difference between paying it and having it come off your report.
- Rebuild Your Credit History After Leaving Prison - Not always a pleasant topic, but what can you do to rebuild your credit history after you are released from jail? We have some easy to follow tips to help establish a new credit history.
Creditors, Debt Collectors and the Statute of Limitation on Debt
- How Collections Affect Your Credit Score - A collection and a charge-off will cause a big hit to your credit score. But just how bad are they and how can you get them off?
- Spot the Collection Agency Violations - Is your phone ringing in the middle of the night? Collection agencies calling your employer? These are just a few of the violations made by collectors. See what they can and can not do to you.
- What Are My Rights Regarding Collection Agencies? - Yes, you as a consumer do have rights when it comes to dealing with collection agencies. See what they are and if your rights are being violated.
- Collection Agency Harassment - If you are being harassed by a collection agency, you can legally do something about it. This article shows you how to file a complaint with the FTC.
- State Licensing Requirements for Collection Agencies - We have a state-by-state chart showing the licensing requirements for collection agencies.
- Statute of Limitations on Debts by State - Knowing the statute of limitations on debt in your state is crucial in debt settlement. We have a list, by state, of the statute of limitations on various types of debts.
- Statute of Limitations for Judgments - As with debts, judgments also have a statute of limitations. Input your state into our chart and you will see the years and allowable percentage rate of interest on judgments.