• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Good

About asweeney29

  • Rank
    CIC Member

Profile Fields

  • Location
  1. It was my understanding that as long as I dispute the negative TL with the bureaus first, then I do have "private right of action." I finally received a letter from chase stating that their records indicate that my account had been sold to a JDB. The letter was over a month late. It also stated that it is Chase's policy not to remove accounts that are reporting accurately. At this point it does not matter if the account is reporting accurately. What do I do? Can I take them to small claims court for their violations? PLEASE HELP/
  2. Yse disputed with CRAs first.
  3. Thank you all for you responses. Of course I sent the disputes to the OC CMRRR. I am aware of the law and know that the OC is in violation. That is why I posted this question. How do I get them to remove this if they are not responding to my letters?
  4. Hello, I disputed some negative TLs with OCs. I did not receive a response from any of the OCs. I sent a follow-up letter requesting that the negatives be removed from my credit reports and still did not receive a response. The negative TLs still remain. How do I get the OCs to remove these negative TLs now that they are in violation of the FCRA? Please help.
  5. Hello, Make sure that before you send this 623 letter that you have disputed this item with all three CRAs. Otherwise you don't have a leg to stand on.
  6. Hello, So, I've sent follow-up letters to the OC's that did not respond in a timely manner. If I do not get a response to these letters, what do I do next? How can I actually sue the OCs for violating the FCRA? Please help me out.
  7. Hello all, I sent out a round of disputes with the OCs that are reporting negatively on my credit report. I did indeed dispute these items with the credit bureaus before I sent letters requesting an investigation the the OCs. Capital One responded to one of my letters with a generic letter stating that their records show that the account is reporting correctly. No proof. Others have not responded w/in the 30 days that they are required. All letters we sent CMRRR. What is the next step I need to take in order to get these negatives off my credit reports? Thanks in advance for your help.
  8. How do I go about filing the form? Do I just go to the clerk at the court house?
  9. It kept me from getting an apartment I really wanted. What is that worth in $$?
  10. Thanks for your help. If found the form for the county where the judgment is filed. How do I go about collecting damages. I am entitled to the full amount I paid? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "damages"?
  11. I was taken to small claims court in CA. I lost and paid the judgment of $2,500 in full to the creditor. The judgment still shows a unpaid balance $2500 on my credit reports. Doesn't the creditor have to file an Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment to the court w/in 30 days of the judgment being paid? I'm getting the run around from the creditor since I am no longer in their data system. I called and asked for a copy of my physical file and they have not returned my calls. What do I need to do in this situation to get the creditor to comply? Is there any opportunity to have the ju